HVT only collects personal information (“Personal Information”) from you:
- if you wish to HVT’s newsletter
- to process your application to become a member of HVT (“Member”)
- to provide services to you as a Member
- to identify you as a Member for security purposes
- to maintain your Member account
- to upgrade and enhance your experience within the website or to tailor information, services or products to suit your needs.
- to create aggregate data about Members through demographic profiling, statistical analysis of the database to provide to potential and existing stakeholders, and to allow for more efficient operation of HVT’s business; and
- to determine Members’ liability to pay goods and services tax and other taxes where applicable
If you do not provide HVT with your Personal Information, we may be unable to provide you with our services.
When registering as a Member, you may choose to receive promotional or marketing information from HVT by selecting the appropriate option on the promotion. From time to time we may use your Personal Information to inform you about HVT services or about promotional activities which HVT believes may be of interest or of benefit to you.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing or promotional material from HVT, you may contact us at any time by email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting that no further material be sent to you. HVT will as soon as reasonably practicable after receiving your request remove your contact details from HVT’s marketing database.
Management of your Personal Information
HVT will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information which it collects, uses or discloses is accurately recorded and is stored in a secure environment which is accessed only by authorised persons.
If it is practicable to do so, and safe to the extent reasonably required to ensure compliance with any law, HVT will destroy or permanently de-identify the Personal Information when it is no longer required.
Use and Disclosure
Personal Information collected by HVT may be disclosed to a third party in the following circumstances:
- in order to provide you with services that have been requested by you or to meet some other purpose for which your Personal Information was collected;
- where, at the time of collection, sportsbet.com.au has informed you of the third parties or classes of third parties to whom your Personal Information will be disclosed;
- in order to enable HVT to participate in activities with business partners and sponsors, who will be notified to you at the time your Personal Information is collected;
- where the disclosure is required or authorised by law or otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act including where HVT has reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in;
- to protect and maintain the integrity of HVT
- where you have consented to its disclosure.
HVT will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any Personal Information which sportsbet.com.au discloses to a third party is protected by that party in accordance with the Privacy Act.
We may use third-parties to serve ads on our website. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous.
Security of Personal Information
You acknowledge that no data transmission over the Internet is totally secure. Accordingly, sportsbet.com.au does not warrant the security of any information which you transmit to it. Any information which you transmit to HVT is transmitted at your own risk. However, once HVT receives your transmission, HVT will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure including password protected systems and databases.
HVT employees, agents and contractors are required to maintain the confidentiality of Members’ Personal Information and activities.
Information posted on bulletin boards or communicated within a social media environment (for example, Facebook, Twitter, Chat Rooms) becomes public information. HVT cannot guarantee the security of this type of disclosed information.
We take seriously the responsibility to exclude children from access to our services. We will not accept their information. It is however, ultimately the responsibility of parents or guardians to monitor their children’s Internet activities including where appropriate by using Internet screening software.
Access to Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information collected by HVT by following the “My Account” link on the website if applicable.
Correction and Continuous Updating of your Personal Information
HVT takes reasonable measures to ensure that Personal Information which it collects is accurate, complete and current and will make contact with you on a periodic basis to seek the most up to date information from you.
If you believe that the Personal Information HVT holds about you is inaccurate, incomplete or not current, please let HVT know and we will correct it.
Transborder Data Flows
Sportsbet.com.au may transfer Personal Information to someone who is in a foreign country where HVT is required by international law to do so.
By using this website you agree to the collection and processing of your Personal Information in this way.
What else you should know.
Remember to always log out of your visit to the HVT web site when you have completed your time on the website. This is particularly important if you share a computer with another person.
You are responsible for the security of and access to your own computer, mobile device or any other handset used to access the website.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username, password and any account information. Please be careful whenever using the Internet and our website.
From time to time we may contact you in relation to the HVT website. These communications can be via any of the modes of contact recorded when registering as a member of the HVT Web site. Such communication does not affect your opt-in or opt-out status for marketing communications.
If you have any queries or complaints relating to the handling of your personal information, please contact HVT via email : email@example.com